Friday, June 27, 2008

There's a baby in the office

Strangely enough, the baby is me! Despite my 19 years of age (legal adult in Canada) my colleagues still find me to be quite young!

As a result of this, some of the pet names for me in the office are memorable ones like baby Mark, little Mark, or my favorite - Mini Mark. I'm didn't know I was that young looking.. really! These nicknames don't come from a rare few people, conversely they seem to be the predominant name for me in the office!

However, when most people try to find out what I'm doing they always ask first if I'm studying. When I reply that I'm working here, an instantaneous look of shock registers on their face, usually accompanied by the phrase "But you're so young!". I'm getting used to this happening, its usually a common conversation for any new people I meet while over here!

I don't mind the "babying" really, it gives me yet another kick in my adventures here in China!

Photos source: Abstract site, its really hard to find a picture of anime babies for some reason

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Aw... that pic's so sweet gol
^-^